Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: The Bubble

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 1999
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I push my way through the light that is set in front of me until I burst through the protruding bubble of consciousness. The liquid flows out and I am spilled onto the soft indigo colored ground covered in what seems to be a purplish dust. The dust smells of citrus but I don?t smell it through my nose. It?s as if im inhaling through my eyes. I look forward and there are organisms growing out of the ground the way trees would, only they aren?t trees. The closest thing I can think to describe them as is a type of upside down squid saving the tentacles. With a kind of long stringy flagella that implant themselves into the ground and ungulate to a strange rhythm excavating they?re nutrients from the indigo colored ground. And other than the squid tree creatures I see nothing but horizon in the distance.

    I feel as if the citrus smell should be burning my eyes as it would if a splash of orange or lemon juice had landed on my pupils. But it?s not the same sensation. I am able to recognize the stinging flavor of the air but I it doesn?t burn my eyes. Instead my skin begins to slightly sting. I push my hand down into the liquid of consciousness that has arrived with me and I smear it all over my body. It dulls the pain. It quiets it like a pacifier. I pick up a small rock to roll around in my hand to distract me from the surplus pain that the consciousness fluid wasn?t able benumb.

    I sit Indian style and concentrate on rolling the rock in my hand. I open my eyes periodically to assure myself that the squid trees aren?t coming near me with they?re huge flagella waiting to suck me into they?re make shift bellies and digest me. When I look down at the rock a fragrance flows up into my eyes as it would into my nose if I was conscious. It smells sweet and sour at the same time and when I look at it, all the purple dust that had settles on it has rubbed onto my skin and blurred my vision. I realize that I am seeing though my skin. I rub the purple dust onto my shirt and I can see again. I focus on the rock and I see that it isn?t a rock. It?s a shell. It?s rounded, almost spherical except there are two tube like exits on either side of it. I shake it and from inside a small furry animal flies out. It is as tiny as a fly only it has fur like a bunny or a cat and it has huge whisker type extensions protruding from under its wings. As it flies up it abruptly stops in its flight and pummels to the ground shaking.

    I cover it with my hand and I am able to see it more clearly. It props itself back up on its 4 little insect feet again. It has stopped twitching. I take my hand away and it begins to twitch again. I look up at the white sky and in the distance I see the black sun shining bestowing its darkness on the outer white sky. I recall that in consciousness the yellow sun is bright and benevolent but it doesn?t interfere with the blueness of the sky with its arrogant hue.

    I put my hand back over the small furry insect and I find it?s little shell again. I set it close so that it is able to climb back inside and be warm from the black sun that seems to harm it. I try to dig a hole in the ground to bury it in but the ground isn?t made of dirt and soil as it is in consciousness. It?s made of a gelatinous substance that doesn?t permit me to dig. The ground, not being permeable enough doesn?t allow be to bury the little creature so I pick up a hand full of the purple dust that lays on top of the indigo gelatin and I cover it in that.

    I look all around and see that I won?t be getting anywhere fast if I sit here in this filthy purple dust. I raise my hand to the white sky and out of my forearm I?m able to see a large block in the distance. I open my mouth and I can hear. I can hear through my tongue. In consciousness my taste buds would normally function only while I was eating or had my mouth open. But here when I open my mouth I can hear. I can hear the sucking noises of the squid trees as they pull living organisms from the ground. I see what those organisms are now.

    I walk over to one of the flagella that is firming implanted into the gelatinous ground and I put my palm within close proximity of it. I can see through my palm that the flagella are clear in there is brown liquid with small chunks of something flowing through it into the nucleus of the squid tree. I grab the flagella and pull it out of the ground. My tongue hears the squid tree screaming. It echo?s into the ground and the entire gelatin surface of unconsciousness shivers and fluctuates like a obese human belly gyrating with it?s owners laugh. I?m almost knocked to my feet. I regain my balance and lift the flagella to my eyes. It smells sweet.

    I pour the brown liquid into my mouth and spit it out. My tongue doesn?t taste, I recall. I pour the brown fluid into my nose and the sweetness of it overwhelms me. This surely knocks me off my feet and onto the gelatin ground. It shakes beneath me. I push the flagella into my nose and the liquid pours down my throat. My eyes open wide and I feel every nerve on every surface of every part of my body begins to dance and scream. My body vibrates. I realize that reality is nothing but energy. And matter is nothing but energy vibrating. I realize that everything is vibrating within a certain frequency and slowly?slowly I am matching that frequency with the help of the sweet chocolate liquid coursing though my body.

    I raise my hand and I see a small bubble moving over my feet. I can no longer see clearly but my frequency is increasing every second to resonate with that of reality. The bubble extends up to my waist muddling the field of my vision. But I am almost there. I push my hands into the ground as far as they will go. The tightness of the ground puts pressure against my hands but it is bearable. As long as the bubble is unable to reach my hands I will have time to reach the oneness. The bubble moves over my torso and I want to hold my breath but I know it wont do any good.

    Finally I am one. I am everything.

    The bubble moves over my head and down towards my hands. I know all the answers. I am all the answers now. I am able to use the answers to shape myself the way I know I should be. But the bubble moves down into the ground and clasps over my hands. From inside the bubble I see the flagella pop out of my nose. Everything goes black for a few seconds.

    The bubble disappears and my back being supported by a soft but firm surface. My head is supported my something softer still and I can no longer see from my skin. I feel again. I feel a soft texture enveloping me and keeping me warm. I open my eyes and I am no long inhaling fragrances through them. I see out of them. I see the window in my room. I look down and I see myself wrapped in my blanket and I left my head to find my pillow.

    I smile and close my eyes again. I pull the covers up over my head and inhale. I wait for the bubble again.


    ------------------
    "If you really loved me, you'd Kill yourselves today!"--Transmetropolitan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Chilimuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    really strong imagery - impressive... sounds very hallucinatory smile in a good way.

    ------------------
    "Noctu, nihil pedalum pigmentum refert." - Discordelaidh

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ~Dark One~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 1999
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very nice Tyler biggrin
    You better be publishing some of this stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •